Master Game Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Master Game Community

Master Game Productions (MGP) presents Master Game Community (MGC). A forum for all your Game Maker needs.

Space game, untitled.

Jobo

Space game, untitled. Empty Space game, untitled.

Post by Jobo Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:12 am

Welcome to "untitled"s work-in-progress thread..

I've put all information in good order, so you can choose what you want to read instead of listening to me babbling on.

WIP 1ui released
    -------Introduction-------
    It has been a few weeks since I started working on this project. This is the most serious project I have ever been working on, so of course I hope you will all enjoy this early beta release.
    What have I been working on as first priority up-to-date?
    For this beta release, I have focused on the most important feature in any game: User Interface. A good user interface is something to take pride in. I set myself a goal for this beta release. That goal was to make a successful user interface - nice appearance, easy-to-use and fast-paced, not in the way of other gameplay and most importantly; a theme/shade that goes with the appearance of the game. In my mind, I have accomplished pretty much all of this. But that is not why I am here - I am here, to get your opinion.
    Level, experience points and stats
    On top of this, I also made a level, experience and stats system (which is actually to root of the game).
    My stats system is pretty involved, if you ask me. Here's somewhat how it works;
    There's 3 types of stats.
    1. Spaceship basic stats. These are the stats a spaceship is manufactured with.
    2. Player direct stats. These are the stats manually increased by player.
    3. Defined stats. These are a mix between the above.
    But the stats system takes a lot more into consideration when used in battle, than you would think (e.g. target elements).
    About experience points, these are not a set amount either. They also take the targets stats into consideration.
    What will we be having fun with?
    For this release I have made meteorites. These are the objects you will have fun with in this beta release. You can view their information and see, among others, their speed, weight and oxygen%. When you destroy something, you gain experience points. These are the only other objects you will be able to find in this beta release, but don't worry: there's infinite.
    But, as you might imagine, destroying meteorites is quite a slow way to gain levels. So I also added a little "cheat" just for you!

-------Controls-------
    W,A,D to fly around.
    Spacebar/Ctrl to shoot.
    Rest is mousecontrolled.

-------Game information-------

• Category/Genre: Sandbox, sci-fi, role-playing game
    • File size: 2,49MB
    • GM Version: GM8
    • Vista/Win7 compatible: You tell me and I'll edit. Using XP. God I hope it's compatible... Should be, though!
    • Changes screen resolution: No.

You will get credit for extremely good help! Such as suggestions (like game title) and great feedback.

Here's a screenshot to help you with the User Interface: (all objects has rightclick menus, leftclick the options listed. you can also drag windows)
    Space game, untitled. Uihelpimage

-------Play game-------
    YoYo Games: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/146117-space-game-untitled
    Want download mirrors? Let me know!

These people are currently in the credits:
    Sebastian S. Gundersen (Segun24/Gamma Ray)
    masterofkings

I'm here for feedback, criticism, ideas, suggestions (maybe you have a good name suggestion as well?) - maybe even error messages? (naaah!) - questions are also allowed, of course!

very best regards, Jobo.
    thank you for reading!
    Space game, untitled. Fullhud

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am